Slightly OT: SUN Ultra 30 Workstation equivalence

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 14 May 2002 22:57:13 -0700

> In my experience, and E250 or an E450 would make a good desktop
> machine :)

George - that statement in the wrong circles will get your geek card taken
away.

(putting on my Sun t-shirt, checking the uptimes on the U30, the AXi, and the
Sparc Cluster)

It's really apples and oranges - no real way you can make a comparison.

My advice to the curious: get on eBay, buy a Sparc 5/170, U30, U60, Ultra 1 or
2 - and experiment.  It's mind-expanding - like LSD but cheaper.

Benchmarks are like orifices... blah blah blah

Did I mention they run openBSD real purdy?  mmmmmmmm

Seriously - anyone have any Sun ?'s - throw 'em my way.
Gary