Slightly OT: SUN Ultra 30 Workstation equivalence

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 14 May 2002 20:11:42 -0700

My Ultra 30 gives my P3/800 a run for the money on number crunching (it kicks
butt on SETI).  As my primary workstation, I find that it is quite impressive
period.  Solaris has it's moments - but the hardware is ROCK SOLID.

 (Creator 3d graphics/256MB RAM/2x18GB SCSI drives/Sun PCi card).

If you want to ask more detailed questions, email me offline and I'd be happy
to help.

Gary