How to upgrade Cisco 675 with linux?-update

Michael Wittman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 13 May 2002 22:51:28 -0700

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 05:08:12PM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:
> Is anybody using the filtering, NAT, DHCP with cisco and what features
> for the Linux firewall. Maybe this is better for another thread.

I'm using NAT on my 678.  The default NAT settings seem to drop
incoming TCP connection packets, so I haven't even bothered to use
filtering.  I assume UDP is dropped as well, based on my (Linux)
firewall logs.  I've had to explicitly map some ports on the router to
ports on my Linux box so I could use services like ssh.

When I was using dialup, I probably had 30 suspicious port access
attempts logged per month on my Linux firewall.  With the 678, using
the same Linux firewall rules, I don't think I've seen a single one.

-Mike