Recording mpg's

George Toft plug-discuss@pluglist.mybutt.net
Sun, 12 May 2002 22:16:13 -0400

Using this link as a reference, and the docs, I was able to compile
and install mplayer in under 2 hours.  It is clearly the best movie
player I have ever seen for Linux.

SuSE uses the "required" gcc version, so it compiled OK.  The hardest
part was realizing that I didn't have gtk-devel installed :)

mencoder is another issue . . .

Thanks for the pointer.

George