*NIX psychics[was: Re: grub]

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 08 May 2002 21:30:35 -0700

Craig White wrote:

> > > ---
> > > actually this doesn't solve my problem - I try to leave out details that I
> > > think aren't important and yes, /boot/grub/menu.lst is a static link
> > > to /boot/grub/grub.conf so it hardly seems important.
> >
> > I'm helpful, not psychic.
> ----
> too bad - it would make you more helpful
> ;-)

reminds me of the time a domain admin showed me a full page add for a
"Psychic Reader" in the back of a Systems Administration journal...

I told him he should call them and say:

"it doesn't matter who I am and what I'm like, I have an intermittent
problem where I loose the entire subnet.  There's $100 in it for you if
you can tell me the name or location of the piece of equipment that is
causing the problem..."

If they advertise in the back of a professional systems administration
journal then they must specialize in those kinds of problems right ;-)

  EBo --