Need new e-mail client was: Re: Forget RMS, flyDr.NUŅEZ up from Peru!

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
07 May 2002 06:29:48 -0700

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 04:46, George Toft wrote:
> Their website states it has a spell checker, but says nothing of
> grammar checking.  I am encouraged in that it will import Netscape
> directories, so all my past e-mail will be intact - my biggest reason
> I never changed clients.
>
> Thanks for the tips - it looks interesting.

----
during the light of day - I see where spell check document is an option
but it is greyed out so it probably needs to know where ispell/aspell is
located in some setup - I guess you can tell how much I care.

I am rather proud of my address book / contact migration.

It started life about in about 1988 in Filemaker on a Mac

1988 Filemaker          Macintosh
1992 Touchbase          Macintosh
1996 Claris Emailer     Macintosh
1998 Outlook            Windows
2001 Netscape           Windows
2001 Netscape           Linux
2002 Mozilla            Linux
2002 Evolution          Linux

It's come a long way. Evolution imported the Netscape ldif export file
quite nicely (never have gotten that done with openldap but I tend to
spend an hour on it, give up and pick it back up in 6 months),

Craig