Problem with Outlook Express talking to sendmail on RedHat 7.1

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 06 May 2002 17:13:05 -0700

Does your internal DNS server have entries for the windows machines?  Does the
RH7.2 client have a domain name that it passes to the RH7.1 server that matches
a relaying rule for sendmail?  Just because you have BIND running on the RH7.1
machine doesn't mean that the IP addresses it's handing out are also being given
a DNS entry.

What entries does BIND have for your local machines?  what rules is sendmail
running with, with regard to relaying?