Forget RMS, fly Dr.NUŅEZ up from Peru!

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 06 May 2002 06:34:57 -0400

I gues smost people don't remember the outright theft (not a fully-
owned subsidiary) by Microsoft of the Stac Electronics Stacker disk
compression code.  Stqac sued, MSFT lost.  They had to pull if from
distribution.  DOS 6.22 used the MSFT version - DOS 6.0 and 6.2 had
the Stac code.

This was almost 10 years ago.

George