OpenOffice 1.0 creating menu/icons

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 3 May 2002 23:14:04 -0700

These instructions did not work for me.  It says in steps 6,7,8 to do the
user portion of the setup but it does not say to logout from root.

Then, if you do these steps as root, it wants to install in the /root
directory not the /home/user directory.  I specified the /home/user directory

Step 8 then says to do a "normal" install but the only choices it provides
are "Workstation" or "Local"  I tried Workstation because Local uses up
another 210MB of storage space.

After all this, as user I could run /home/user/OpenOffice.org1.0/soffice but
it would hang and I had to kill it.  AND, the menus and icons did not display.

Back on the original install (step 4) I choose to include only KDE
integration, deseleting Gnome integration.  Is that a problem?  This is a
straw I am grasping at, a bug in the install script or something.

Either I am not doing something right or I am not impressed by the
installation process.  Either way, I am too tired to play anymore today.

Alan