parted

Eric plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:28:56 -0800

Just installed parted.  Ran it and received this message:

Using /dev/hda
Warning: The operating system thinks the geometry on /dev/hda is
29651/16/63.
Therefore, cylinder 1024 ends at 503.999M.  You should check that this
matches
the BIOS geometry before using this program.
(parted)

I have had trouble with this computer's BIOS and the message is consistent
with problems I've had with this computer in the past.

Based on the message, and based on the fact that I don't want to reinstall,
should I refrain from using parted here?  FYI, I have hda and hdc

Eric