SSSCA renamed and introduced in Senate!

Mark Phillips plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:32:18 -0700

Alan,

Actually, the most important part of a letter campaign like this is volume,
and secondly content. You are right, the same staffers read the letters, but
the report to the senator is something like "We had 3,570 letters for the
issue and 450 against." Unless I misunderstand the issue, our primary goal
is to express the opinion "we do not like this proposed legislation" versus
"Here is a plan to replace this legislation." From that standpoint, we need
numbers more than unique letters.

The one caveat is that the letter needs to be polite, well thought out,
concise, and express why the proposed legislation is bad in an intelligent
manner. If not, then the letter goes into the crackpot pile and may not be
counted.

Just my opinion!

Mark

Phillips Marketing, Inc.