Email Password Authentication Issue

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:02:55 -0700

Not sure about the password, but MSN does some sort of NAT that is killing
one of my co-workers VPN to work.  It worked fine till they made the ill
fated switch to MSN.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chicalinux" <soror_rc@yahoo.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 8:15 PM
Subject: Email Password Authentication Issue

Hi:

I am having the following issue. I recently signed on with MSN Broadband
DSL. They do not support Linux but thanks God and some good books I made it
to work flawlessly. However, I do not have access to email/newsgroups
because they use a method of secure authentication called "Secure Password
Authentication" or something like that. It is not like CHAP/SSL. It is
different and the email clients that I use do not support it: Kmail,
Evolution, Sylpheed... I think it has something to do with the .net password
authentication protocol.

Do any of you guys know anything about this and if Linux has or is
developing
support for this? Any response will be greatly appreciated. I am so in the
dark :-)

Thanks,
sarina