Email Password Authentication Issue

Chicalinux plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:15:38 -0700

Hi:

I am having the following issue.  I recently signed on with MSN Broadband
DSL.  They do not support Linux but thanks God and some good books I made it
to work flawlessly.   However, I do not have access to email/newsgroups
because they use a method of secure authentication called "Secure Password
Authentication" or something like that.  It is not like CHAP/SSL.  It is
different and the email clients that I use do not support it: Kmail,
Evolution, Sylpheed...  I think it has something to do with the .net password
authentication protocol.

Do any of you guys know anything about this and if Linux has or is developing
support for this?  Any response will be greatly appreciated.  I am so in the
dark :-)

Thanks,
sarina