kernel upgrade problems update

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:38:03 -0700 (MST)

Am 18. Mar, 2002 schwätzte Craig S. so:

> the kernel pukes about not being able to locate the modules but if I
> goto /lib/modules/2.4.18 and look the modules.dep file is there now.

Do a 'uname -r' to make sure your kernel thinks it's 2.4.18.

What's the timestamp on modules.dep? Was it created after the kernel looked
for it? Verify that slackware is calling 'depmod -a' early on in the rc
scripts, specifically before it tries to load the modules. Is your kernel
expecting an initrd? Not sure if that would cause the error you get or cause
it to not boot at all. Depends on what's supposed to be in the initrd.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.<ThisSpaceAvailable>.com/