NEC Zip100 drives incompatible with my VIA motherboards. You want?

Mark Berkwitt plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:11:57 -0700

Pardon the crass solicitation but this just may help the both of us.

Last week I received delivery of 4 new NEC Zip100 drives from NewEgg.
I ordered them for 3 Iwill KK266 mobos and 1 Soyo Dragon Plus.
Now I find out the hard way that they just don't run on my VIA motherboards.
Yes, I went to the VIA site and followed the suggestions for IDE -> Zip
drives.  Three days later, enough is enough.  They work just fine on an old
Pentium Pro box I have.

I can return them to NewEgg but they have a restocking fee and then there's
the shipping fee and the time waiting for this to happen.

Meanwhile, I still need to order something else to be able to sneakernet an
occasional file between these boxes.  Any suggestions?

If you want any I'm only asking what I paid $36 each. No tax, no shipping.
I have proof of purchase and a packing list dated this month.

Once again I apologize for using this forum for this purpose but this is
(hopefully) a  one time thing.