RH7.2 install weirdness

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:17:42 -0700 (MST)

Am 13. Mar, 2002 schwätzte Kevin Brown so:

> So, give debian a try, never done it before, what the hell.  Download the
> pdf of the install guide for x86, get the requisite floppies (rescue, root
> and 4 drivers disks).  Boot the rescue floppy, insert the root floppy
> when asked for.  After selecting my keyboard it asks me if there are any
> modules I need to load to get hardware found, I say yes, feed it the
> driver-1.bin floppy, it chugs for a second, then claims it can't mount the
> floppy, tried feeding it the other 3 drivers disks, same thing, so I get a
> blank one, remake driver-1.bin and try again, still can't load it.

You generally only need extra drivers/modules if debian doesn't
automagically recognize your hard disk controller or ethernet card.
Everything else can be fixed after install.

I can give you a woody install CD tomorrow night at the Sequoia meeting.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/