(no subject)

Fri, 8 Mar 2002 01:28:50 -0700 (MST)

Am 07. Mar, 2002 schwätzte Blake Barnett so:

> The aliases are there for a good reason, they'll keep you from deleting
> all your porn in one fell-swoop.

They should've made aliases to other commmand names, e.g. rmi, mvi, irm,
imv.

> > Bob Holtzman wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > Anyone know how to get "rm -r" or "rm -r" to execute *non*interactively?
> > > This is supposed to be the default behavior, but isn't on my box. I'm
> > > running RH7.2 but it did the same thing on my old RH6.0.

Bill had it right in mentioning that it's an alias in the shell
initialization scripts.  You can change it there and it will change it for
all shells just as it's, IMHO, currently incorrectly aliasing 'rm' to 'rm
-i', etc.

If you're using this in scripts, then you should use the '-f' option anyway.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  Don't step in front of speeding cars, don't eat explosives