about SawFish

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:43:14 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Lynn David Newton on 3/6/2002 14:27 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_
\_ I downloaded the 1.0.1 sawfish RPM and tried to install
\_ it, but was blocked beause I need librep >= 0.1.14.
\_ What I've got in RH 7.1 is 0.1.13. [...]

There 5-6 packages you need to upgrade to get it to take
rep, rep-gtk, rep-gnome, sawfish, ....

\_ suppose I ought to see if I can snag the latest version
\_ of rep-gtk and have it standing by, then unstall the
\_ 0.15.3 version, then sawfish, then install librep, then
\_ the new sawfish.
\_
\_ Does this sound right?

Yeah, but check the dependency tree to get them all currentish.

\_   David> See workspaces under sawfish-ui. See
\_   David> 'next-workspace', 'previous-workspace',
\_   David> 'move-viewport-{down,left,right,up}' under
\_   David> bindings.
\_
\_ Ummm ... are you talking man pages, info file, or what?

fire up sawfish-ui and look for menu entries (workspace, bindings) and
look for the dashed names in binding function that would do what they
more or less look like they do.

David