login

Charlie Bullen plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:40:57 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C1C4EA.A2B5CF60

Is there anyway in either RedHat 7.2, using the gnome desktop, or Suse =
7.3, using KDE, to designate a default user, such that the default user =
would not have to login manually. This is for an elderly first time =
computer user, who has trouble even with the concept of loging in.  Once =
she gets logged in though, she is getting pretty good playing solitaire. =
Email is next since she wants to be able to see pictures of her grand =
children and great grandchildren, who all have digital cameras and email =
pictures back and forth.

As an alternative, I thnk I remember that Mandrake alows for a default =
user. Does anyone in North Central Phoenix have Mandrke 8.1 disks that I =
could burn a copy of.

So far this old lady is completely untainted by M$ proucts, more than I =
can say about myself.

Regards,

Charlie Bullen

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C1C4EA.A2B5CF60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there anyway in either RedHat 7.2, =
using the=20
gnome desktop, or Suse 7.3, using KDE, to designate a default user, such =
that=20
the default user would not have to login manually. This is for an =
elderly first=20
time computer user, who has trouble even with the concept of loging =
in.&nbsp;=20
Once she gets logged in though, she is getting pretty good playing =
solitaire.=20
Email is next since she wants to be able to see pictures of her grand =
children=20
and great grandchildren, who all have digital cameras and email pictures =
back=20
and forth.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As an alternative, I thnk I remember =
that Mandrake=20
alows for a default user. Does anyone in North Central Phoenix have =
Mandrke 8.1=20
disks that I could burn a copy of.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So far this old lady is completely =
untainted by M$=20
proucts, more than I can say about myself.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Charlie =
Bullen</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C1C4EA.A2B5CF60--