Consulting Fees

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 08:43:58 -0500

I knew a guy that was charging $35 per hour, and had so much work
he couldn't handle it.  He raised his rate to $75 per hour and the
work tapered off almost to nothing.  He raised it to $125 per hour
and was flooded with work again.

He asked one client, whose bid he lost at the $75 rate: "Why did
you hire me at $125 instead of $75?"

Their answer: "At $75 per hour, we did think you knew what you
were doing."

George