Linux and AOL

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 Jun 2002 21:38:35 -0700

I've also heard the same thing. While they would love it if RedHat or
someone provided an AOL client (and support). They've decided that with
the different favors of *nix there would be no WAY they could support
them all with the kind of basic computers help their customers have come
to expect. They also realize that most Linux users would *never* use AOL
so they aren't even going to try for that space. Though everyone knows
that they are still working on the client (a significant number of their
programmers perfer Linux and needed a way to test from their boxes). I
don't think they *ever* intend to release it.

Carl P.