PLUG Logo Update!

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:36:44 -0700

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:19:50 -0700 slr <zen2now@qwest.net> wrote:
>
> this is the newest version, also the master will be posted soon. what do you
> guys think about Tux in a Spawn Costume?
>
> http://www.zen2now.com/tux/tux1.jpg
>
> need some good feed back, as i want to get going with the screen printing

The only thing I think I would add is a couple sweat beads running down
his head ;-)

But seriously.  Depending on what techniques you will be using for the
silk screaning you are looking at what looks to be a 6 color press.  If
the grey "shadow" on tux's belly is done using a tranlucent or
transparent grey, then the grey belly shadow, greyish highlights, and
possibly the darker edges on the yellow can be done with an overprint
using this collor.  Another way to do it is to half-tone these areas of
the image and over print with black.  The real reason you want to do
this is to reduce the number of colors used in the image.  Every time
you have to print another color you have to clean up the old ink, switch
out the screen (or move to a different area), register, and start over.
Every new color will cost you a bit more -- assuming you are using
standard silk screen technology ad not sublimation transfer inks which
are a whole nother kettle of fish, but still the more colors the more it
will cost.  Along those lines, make sure the dark green in "Penguins in
the Desert" is he same as the dark green in the cacti...

  EBo --