Membership database

Dr.G plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:13:15 -0700

I'm afraid I didn't sign up to this list to have my email put into a DB with
a list of skills/references on me so that someone can go in there and just
send me email whenever they have a problem. I thought that was what PLUG was
for, to discuss the problem and get multiple points of view and figure out
the best tool for the job.

It's funny how a LOT of people complain about being on someone's SPAM list
and when they get told "You can just delete it" they get VERY upset. "I
didn't want to be on it in the FIRST place!" Your proposing to do that to
everyone who hates SPAM.

You talk about not wanting to have to go through all the emails PLUG
generates to find the answers to your issues. *I* do not want to have to go
thought all the PLUG emails AND everyones PERSONAL emails to me to find the
answers I need. I get enough e-mail as it is, I do not need to wade through
more. If someone sees I posted a response to answer a question and they wish
to follow up with me privately, thats fine. But I don't want emails just
coming out of the blue like crazy (NOT that I am saying you will. I am a
newbie afterall, I'm just stating a view point :) The opposite applies. If
someone whishes to give me an answer privately, that is also obviously ok.

If anything, this idea would HAVE to be an Opt-In, not Opt-Out. Opt-Out is
just as annoyng as MSN/hotmail signing you up for thier spam, not telling
you, and then saying "Oh, well, its OPT-Out..."