Membership database

Kimi A. Adams plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:42:01 -0700

The purpose of any website or database that is accessible from outside is
to get to information.  Just like Google and other search engines, it's a
database that you would search for what you need from people who
register.  Hans stated there is something being worked on for the
website.  I have stated I have something available that can be tweaked to
preferences.

However you send information about the database is fine by me.  SPAM or
not, if you don't want to read it, delete it.  We can promote it on the
website and on the lists, including the announce list.

I won't go into whether processing time, display time, hard drive space,
etc. would be available or would take up too much of these resources.  The
point is that I am wanting more to find the information that I am looking
for instead of having to email the listing and searching through the email

I know there are sites out there where I can search for things that I may
need or want at any given time, but PLUG people are who I turn to.  I want
to know that if I am looking for this one part or this one service or
someone who can wave this wand, that I can find it in my own time, rather
than having to drag myself through lot's of emails and calls that get me
off track from the "thing" I most want.

Just kinda why I brought this up and how I would like to see things
improved upon.

Kimi Adams
Unity Wave