SuSE 7.3 sparc64

slr plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 21:48:28 -0700

> As listed in the manpage:
>
> hostname - show or set the system's host name
>
> That should work for a running system. George is right that the system
> probably gets the name from /etc/rc.config at boot time.

but is it really the active hostname. it does not change /etc/hosts
or /etc/HOSTNAME, i can display the hostname that i changed it to with #
hostname, but if i reboot the machine it reverts back to the old hostname.
its really not a big deal :~D, as i used YaST to make the change. just one
of those things that kinda bugged. i will check out /etc/rc.config.

> Bring it up on list. Some of us have struggled with netsaint, so might be
> able to help you.

for sure, when all my attempts fails, i turn to the ones who really know.
PLUG!!

slr