Doing the Right Thing (revisited)

Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:55:35 -0700 (MST)

Am 25. Jun, 2002 schwätzte George Toft so:

> While searching for more debarment guidelines, I came across these
> tidbits:
> Title 7, Ch. 2 Arizona Administrative Code
> State Board of Education
>
> R7-2-1161. Authority to debar or suspend
> A. The governing board has the authority to debar or suspend a
> person from participating in school district procurements.

OK, this says they can debar a company, but doesn't require them to do so.

Just looked at your earlier post about Maricopa County rules as well. Those
also don't require debarment :(.

I would presume this means that m$ isn't automagically debarred, rather only
that the gov't now has cause to debar m$ if the gov't so chose. Now we have
to convince them to debar m$ for their illegal activities. That's something
that should've happened more than 10 years ago the first time m$ was on
trial for anti-trust violations. Were they actually convicted that time or
did they plea bargain out of it?

ciao,

der.hans