RH 7.3

Bob Cober plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:45:00 -0700

Just installed RedHat 7.3 on a Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop.  Technically
it's a work Laptop, so I still need to dual boot with win2k.  :-(

I already had win2k installed on a small partition.  Install went super
smooth. During install they post all sorts of trivia and stuff.  Useless
but still very polished and well done.

 Install Auto-configured grub to dual boot with win2k.  Install Auto
detected Linksys Wireless card - didn't even have to enter essid or
channel.  Not sure if it detected Nvidia GeForce Go chipset as I
manually set up the latest nvidia drivers.  Funny thing, after
installing the kernal rpm it gave a message to the effect of "Tainting
kernel with non-GPL module - success" hehe....

Anyway, just thought I'd post an outstanding install experience.  I was
really impressed how polished and smooth it was.

Now I'm gonna try out some of the new goodies...