Post press release started?

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:35:43 -0700

Quoting alandd@mindspring.com:

> I think we need to get a celebratory press release out really soon.  The
> interest of the news in a press release goes down rapidly every day after
> the
> even.  I think we need to post one by tomorrow.  Has someone started one?
>
> Alan

OK, here's a crude start. Someone help round it out and find a good photo we can
send along with it - Something tightly cropped showing a PLUG member helping
with an install would be good.

Dennis

========================================.

The Phoenix Linux User Group "InstallFest" a success says organizer!!

Held at SCC this past Saturday from 10am to 4pm

"People came early and stayed to learn about Linux and install it on their
computer with the help of a PLUG member." said Bill Lindley the InstallFest
co-ordinator. In all 39 installations were done on a wide variety of hardware.

It was a great experience" said WS of Goodyear, "There was always someone
willing to answer my questions about Linux." Linux is the free OS that offers an
alternative the Apple and Microsoft.

Joining the PLUG members were representaives from redhat, Lycoris, <list others>

There were plenty of door prizes, too.

Plug has monthly eastside and westside meetings. Those new to Linux are welcome.~

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/