Help getting experience

Alpha Zenon Sanchez plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:58:56 -0700 (PDT)

This would be a question to all the programmers out
there who are actually programming for a living.

What would be a good 'knowledge set' for wanna-be
programmers?  Here is my list.  Please correct me if
I'm wrong, or please add to the list.  I think anyone
who works with computers will one-day have to look at
source-code

1. Variable Types
2. Arrays (and how to manipulate them)
3. Selection Statements (if/then/select case)
4. Loops (for, next ,do while, while etc...)
5. 'Intrinsic functions ' (ie...Math.Square()--ie
Java)
     - various String functions as well as math
6. functions - and the differences between them and
proceedures
7. Algorithm development
8. Object-Oriented Programming
   (information hiding, polymorhism, inheritance
etc..)

Please add to list if necessary...

=====
Thanks,