How to upgrade Cisco 675 with linux?-update

Matt Pruett plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
17 Jun 2002 22:32:26 -0700

Well due to the nature of how this sort of NAT works your not going to
get past the 678 from the outside unless there is a forwarding rule of
some sort. ie: if you forward port 22 ssh the only thing that will hit
your linux firewall is everything comming in on 22. This is because its
working by tracking the orig of outbound connection and then explicitly
allowing the assosiated inbound traffic. Except with 22 which is working
in the oposite fassion. This is why you are not getting and suspicious
port access's on your linux firewall. Just make shure your 678 is
secure. :)