My letter

tickticker plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:07:37 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C215F7.92595A70

Here is my letter to my councilman, hope it helps or does someone have =
one better?  did i miss anything?  yeah yeah I wrote this on outlook =
Express, I'm trying to load Gentoo on my Linux box, and it's a beast to =
install.

tickticker

Councilman Brock,

I am writing you in regards to the news that the Maricopa County Council =
is debating an Enterprise Agreement with Microsoft.  However, I have =
read that according to Maricopa County Policies, Microsoft should be =
disqualified from any contractual business with the County.  I would =
like to declare my support for Microsoft's disqualification.

According to MC1-902 DEBARMENT AND SUSPENSION OF CONTRACTORS, I read the =
following:

"B. The causes for Debarment or Suspension shall include, but are not
limited to, the following:
2. Conviction of any Person or any subsidiary or affiliate of any Person
under any statute of the Federal government, this State or its political
subdivision or any other State for:
k. Any other offense indicating a lack of business integrity or business
honesty which affects responsibility as a Contractor.
3. Conviction or civil judgment finding a violation by any Person or any
subsidiary or affiliate of any Person under State or Federal Antitrust
Statutes."

Microsoft, having been convicted of Federal Antitrust Statutes =
(penalties pending), clearly falls into the catagory described in part =
3, and several court cases past and pending show a clear lack of =
integrity and business honesty as outlined in part 2.  I cannot find =
that ANY government body would be willing to work with such contractors, =
let alone having rules against it and clearly ignoring those rules.

There are many alternatives to Microsofts products.  Alternatives that =
have broken no laws, Federal or Local, are well supported and used by =
many large governments (Germany, Taiwan, et al).  As a concerned voter =
in Chandler, I must point out that I cannot support criminal behavior =
and would hope that my County Council would see fit to do the same and =
ONLY consider alternatives as Microsoft is clearly unqualified to meet =
County requirements.

Thank You,

my name and address

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C215F7.92595A70

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Here is my letter to my councilman, =
hope it helps=20
or does someone have one better?&nbsp; did i miss anything?&nbsp; yeah =
yeah I=20
wrote this on outlook Express, I'm trying to load Gentoo on my Linux =
box, and=20
it's a beast to install.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>tickticker</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Councilman Brock,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am writing you in regards to the news =
that the=20
Maricopa County Council is debating an Enterprise Agreement with=20
Microsoft.&nbsp; However, I have read that according to Maricopa County=20
Policies,&nbsp;Microsoft&nbsp;should be disqualified from any =
contractual=20
business with the County.&nbsp; I would like to declare my support for=20
Microsoft's disqualification.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>According to MC1-902 DEBARMENT AND =
SUSPENSION OF=20
CONTRACTORS, I read the following:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"B. The causes for Debarment or =
Suspension shall=20
include, but are not<BR>limited to, the following:<BR>2. Conviction of =
any=20
Person or any subsidiary or affiliate of any Person<BR>under any statute =
of the=20
Federal government, this State or its political<BR>subdivision or any =
other=20
State for:<BR>k. Any other offense indicating a lack of business =
integrity or=20
business<BR>honesty which affects responsibility as a Contractor.<BR>3.=20
Conviction or civil judgment finding a violation by any Person or=20
any<BR>subsidiary or affiliate of any Person under State or Federal=20
Antitrust<BR>Statutes."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Microsoft, having been convicted of =
Federal=20
Antitrust Statutes (penalties pending), clearly falls into the catagory=20
described in part 3, and several court cases past and pending show a =
clear lack=20
of integrity and business honesty as outlined in part 2.&nbsp; I=20
cannot&nbsp;find that ANY government body would be willing to work with =
such=20
contractors, let alone having rules against it and clearly ignoring =
those=20
rules.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There are many alternatives to =
Microsofts=20
products.&nbsp; Alternatives that have broken no laws, Federal or Local, =
are=20
well supported and used by many large governments (Germany, Taiwan, et=20
al).&nbsp; As a concerned voter in Chandler, I must point out that I =
cannot=20
support criminal behavior and would hope that my County Council would =
see fit to=20
do the same and ONLY consider alternatives as Microsoft is clearly =
unqualified=20
to meet County requirements.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank You,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>my name and address</EM></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C215F7.92595A70--