Error on the Installation of Mandrake 8.2

Mario Hines plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:06:55 -0700 (PDT)

     The name is Mario.  New to the discussion list
and new to Phoenix.  I'm having a problem with
installing Mandrake 8.2 on my Laptop.  I have a
ProStar 5190S.  I have Mandrake 7.2 on it and it works
perfectly.  The error that comes up during
installation is:

"Kernel Panic:VFS: Can't mount the device 01:03."

     I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I kinda
bypassed that problem by just going into Mandrake and
doing a live update, then I run in this error message:

"Can't open /var/lib/rpm/Packages."

     I check in that section of my tree, . . . didn't
have a Packages directory.  I also tried another way
with the rpm's, but those had signature errors.  So,
please, tell me if it's the CD or is it my system.
Cause I have NO clue of what to do now.  Thanks.

-Mario