Possible Fry's sponsorship?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:15:22 -0700

If you have the ear of the manager, use it!  I have been working on getting
local sponsors for the Install Fest and getting no where.  I have talked to a
sub manager at Fry's, more than a month ago.  She referred me to the home
office in CA, the Community Relations Department.  When I finally actually
talked to the guy after 3 days of long distance calls of trying, he said he
would have to talk to a VP to see about thier participation.  I have followed
up numerous times since then and either left messages or he says he does not
know the answer yet.

If you can get in, do it.

As to what we are offering:
-A complete table display, a "booth" so to speak, if they want it.
-Banner space.
-Ad distribuiton.
-Mention on the Install Fest web site.
-Verbal thanks as we give/use/display whatever they contribute.
-Follow-on thanks on the web site and at meetings.
-Whatever else we can reasonably and legally give as exposure.

If anyone else has some favorite vendor/store they use and has an ear to bend,
use it.  We could really use some refreshment donations like soda and stuff.
Books, hardware, software a nice chair or anything that can be
used/consumed/looked at while using Linux would be just fine!  Point them at
me if you like or "sign" them up yourself.  Just let me or Bill know about
what they are going to provide so we can plan for it.

Alan