Redhat 7.3 CDs

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:08:17 -0700

Rebuild the kernel without PCMCIA support builtin, download pcmcia-cs from
sourceforge.  I had to do this to get it to work on my laptop (Panasonic
Toughbook CF-25mkII, P150).  Stupid Yenta socket is the problem.

I could send you my .config file for kernel 2.4.18 if you want.  I got the
starter config by downloading the kernel-2.4.18.src.rpm.  Installing it (rpm
-ivh kernel-2.4.18.src.rpm) and grabbing the appropriate config file from
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/.  Modified it by removing pcmcia support and a few
other minor things that my system doesn't do under linux (like video4linux).
Rebuilt it, rebooted, built pcmcia.  Then was done.