InstallFest Tips?

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:36:16 -0400 (EDT)

Unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town or
I would lend a hand with the InstallFest. I'd
be happy to chip in some burns of distros or
OpenOffice if that would help.

In July I'm going to get together with half
a dozen friends from my office who want to try
Linux for the first time. Would it be possible
for those of you who will be at the InstallFest
to keep track of any major problems or successes,
so I can try to avoid the former and capitalize
on the latter? Might even turn into a handy guide
for people to use when introducing Linux to
their office or their children's school.

I'm thinking along the lines of, "would've been
easier if we'd had a bigger hub," or "having
OpenOffice was a big hit because it let people
see how they can use Linux to do what they're
doing on Windows." Sort of a post-mortem.

 "This time around, everything not forbidden is mandatory."
 "...Congress is willing to butcher the $600 billion tech industry
  to feed the $35 billion entertainment sector..."
 http://www.eff.org/blogs/bpdg/