Bundesregierung waehlt Linux

Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:45:58 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. Jun, 2002 schwätzte dennisk@sahuaro.f2s.com so:

> The full interview is here -
> http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2002/tc20020523_6029.htm

I think the following is interesting:

"To find those solutions, we all have a role to play. Individuals have to
take more charge of their information. Commerce is going to have to get used
to having a more open disclosure model, asking for permission, following
those permissions more reliably than they have in the past. Government's
going to have to figure out what its role is in terms of being open -- but
at the same time, not disclosing too much information, [thus harming] their
citizens."

It seems very un-m$ to give consumers control over their data. I hope they
follow through with this.

The next question in the interview covers what he says m$ is working on.

Other than the last two questions I don't see anything in the interview
about secure apps.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans