IT B ix Expo Status for today?

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

Eh.  <Matt shrugs>  I was just there for the morning, but not much
happened.  About the only people walking around were the vendors
themselves.  I did talk with a few people that should be joining the list
soon.  One of them is a security professional and is interested in giving
presentations on intrusion detection and various security programs.
Another has had no experience with Linux, but is very interested in
learning how to setup his own webserver.  Another has been building Linux
routers, is very impressed with what he's been able to do with them, and
is interested in possibly giving a presentation.  A couple others work for
a Linux-based ISP and want to get involved with PLUG more.  And one guy
has done a lot with Linux on the server-side, but wants to learn more
about the possibilities of using Linux on his company's desktops.
So I think we will add to our pool of expertise and be able to help a few
others learn how to use Linux, which is a good thing.  I sort of felt
sorry for the many businesses that spent thousands of dollars for such a
small turnout.
~M