spammingbureau.com

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:00:06 -0700

Victor Odhner wrote:

> This site says that they blackhole the spammers that
> you report, and no "opt-out" company would want to get
> blackholed.  So something is fishy here.

though so too.  that is why I posted.

> Anyway, note that current blackholing practice tends to
> "taint" a lot of legitimate portals that have had the
> bad fortune of being reported as spammers.  The site
> that I use as my primary e-mail host blocked half of the
> mail from a friend on Earthlink (depending on which
> nodes within Earthlink carried the message); blocked a
> few people contacting me about jobs (ouch!!!); and even
> blocked a fellow PLUG webmaster because some spam was
> relayed via PLUG's "webmaster" and "contact" aliases.
> This is how mindlessly broad the RBH brush is.

can be a pain, but so is receiving up to 100 SPAM messages a day - and I
am not talking about messages that are posted by PLUG members
advertising their services but those sending me posts solicting "Breast
Enhancement" (as a guy I am flat chested and intend to keep it that
way), "Penis Enlargment" (don't know how that is done, but you KNOW
thats got to hurt), "Get Rich Quick..." (yea, right...)  Uggg....

> So please, DON'T REPORT SPAM.  These services throw the
> baby out with the bathwater!  After having missed some
> employment contacts, I won't go near these things again.

so... you support SPAM?  when a company give you a bogus "opt-out"
address, etc., etc., what do you do to cut down on all the crap?