KDE or GNOME not both?

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 02:07:22 -0400

I posted this question at the beginning of the preparation for the meeting
with the county so it may have gotten lost.  (Or, no one knew the answer so I
will have to keep looking for it.)

I want to install both KDE and GNOME on my box so I can use either of them.
However, performance takes a significant hit when the the support libraries
for both load so GNOME apps will work in KDE, for example.

So, I want to have them both on my box but when I run KDE I don't want any of
the GNOME stuff to load and when I run GNOME I don't want any of the KDE stuff
to load.  I have read quite a bit but have not seen the answer.  Any thoughts?

Alan