GCC Next Step - Help Please

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:14:33 -0400 (EDT)

Jim Farli has sent an excellant proposal, which
has a personable feel to it that I think really
enhances the message. I also think these suggestions,
and Logan's ideas will enhance it significantly.

Jim's original is here (hope you don't mind the
post Jim):
http://traxel.com/plug/gccmission.sxw

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Lee Einer wrote:

> The Phoenix Linux User Group's Installfest directly relates to MCCCD's
> mission of education and training by providing presentations on
> various aspects of linux software and the Free Software Movement, as
> well as providing free installation of Linux software and free expert
> advice. Glendale Community College is already notable for being one of
> the few Community Colleges in the area to offer courses in Unix and
> Linux. The presentations, free software installation and free expert
> advice provided by the Phoenix Linux User Group at the Installfest
> supplements and complements GCC's existing curriculum.

I like the mention of GCC's leadership in this area.
Everyone loves to hear that their efforts are
appreciated. I think this paragraph can merge well
with Jim's paragraph #2. I'll take a stab at it.

>   2. The value or benefit that MCCCD receives from the
>      activity/event is substantially equivalent to the
>      amount of rent foregone or waived.
>
> MCCCD, and in particular GCC, will receive substantial benefit from
> the InstallFest in the form of free publicity. As mentioned
> previously, GCC is already notable for being one of the few Community
> Colleges in the area to offer courses in Linux and Unix; the
> Installfest will further enhance GCC's reputation as a leader in this
> hi-tech area, and will also draw to the college potential students who
> are interested in Linux and Unix and who cannot currently access
> on-site courses in Linux and Unix elsewhere.

Apparently Steve got a mildly unsatisfactory
response when he tried to propose this as just
a crowd-pulling event, so I think it'll be best
to focus on the parts here about "enhancing GCC's
leadership reputation".

>   3. You, as the sponsor, would be present at the activity
>      at all times, and act as the point of contact for
>      GCC. (campus requirement)
>
> We will be present at this activity at all times.

Steve has also gotten approval on this part, since
he is the "official" sponsor.