PLUG and SMUG, the singing code executioners

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:56:21 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

talked to Adorno over at the South Mountain Users Group today about a joint
project to get Free Software installed and supported on non-*NIX platforms.
He's interested in it. I will follow up with him.

SMUG might also want us to do a presentation on 01Aug2002. We could cover
the project as well as a regular topic. I'll get more info on the follow up
with him.

He mentioned that their membership has dropped significantly. I almost take
that as good news ;-). We, however, need some help if we're gonna be
supporting Free Software on other platforms. Are there any other m$ user or
support groups in the Valley that we can contact?

I also want to do something similar with AMUG ( they should do a
presentation on OS X for us and we should do a presentation on *BSD for them
), but I think we should start with m$ as there's more universal support for
the various OSen.

We need to create a list of Free Software for m$ that we'd like to promote.

Open Office
GIMP
Apache
SSH?
Evolution?
Mozilla?
VIM?
Xemacs? ( emacs? )

I truly have no idea what's available for m$, so someone else needs to help
with that.

I would like to have part of IF2 dedicated to this. I'd like to get m$
groups to show to support FS on m$. Let's not only explain why FS is better,
let's show that it *is* better.

We can also work with AZPHP and Perl Mongers to support those languages on
m$ platforms.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --