Fwd: Urgent critical assistance required with Linux for company

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:16:23 -0700

I just called the number and spoke to Lissa on the phone.  This is a paying
gig and they need someone NOW!  I don't have the knowledge to help them.

They are trying to boot a Linux server but are getting a kernel panic: "No
init found.  Try passing init option to kernel" or something like that.

If you know someone that could jump in on this, they need Linux support NOW
and are willing to pay for it.  It would be worth it to call and wake a
night-owl up to get them on this.  A 20 person company is at a standstill
because of this problem!

Does anyone know Hans' number?  He could us a paying gig, no matter how brief.

Alan