MS Publisher Replacements

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:16:50 -0500 (CDT)

Not on normal mail currently so cant respond directly to emails, but I
heard a couple of things.

a. MS Publisher is just like Word only with wizards.  (this is not really
ture as you cant do things vector in Word.  (i.e. over laying images and
text is nearly impossible for print shop type quality) (I think someone
else pointed this out later)

b. Something like CorelDraw might work for serious publishers but doesnt
have the cutesy point and click wizard.

Interestingly there is a project called SodiPodi that is a vector based
imaging program witha  CorelDraw interface.  It is coming along nicely and
could be used by more experienced print shop folks.

http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/

-Derek