Helping Maricopa Do The Right Thing.

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 00:00:28 -0400

If an entire country can do it, I'm sure a State or a County can too.

Norwegian gov ditches contract with Microsoft
    'Unfortunate deal,' says minister

Riddle me this - if all of Europe and Asia go to OpenOffice/StarOffice
(and I'm sure South America will, too), that leaves just the US using MS
Office.  And in this "Global Economy" all of the office software will
*have* to share documents reliably.  What I see in the future is either
MS will release their file formats to the public (under pressure from US
business customers), or MS will lose more market share as US companies
start using OpenOffice/StarOffice.

Regards,

George