Maricopa County mtg report

Tue, 9 Jul 2002 19:22:35 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Bill Warner so:

> This is where I see Linux's mail weak point.  We really do have all the
> needed desktop applications.  It is the fact that backend services
> expect you to have Windows Desktops and many will support no other.

That's not a prob for the gov't. They often get stuff that isn't COFS,
especially if COFS doesn't support standards. We need to push the gov't to
require standards for the products they use. Proprietary, non-interoperable
protocols and formats aren't standards.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Freedom isn't everything, but without freedom you have nothing. - der.hans