Maricopa County mtg report

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:18:46 -0400 (EDT)

On 9 Jul 2002, Bill Warner wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 01:46, der.hans wrote:
> > Lin mentioned that many back end services available for purchase assume
> > m$
> > on the desktop.
>
> This is where I see Linux's mail weak point.  We really do have all the
> needed desktop applications.  It is the fact that backend services
> expect you to have Windows Desktops and many will support no other.
>
> I guess the question is how do we change that?

Increase the installed base. Encourage all users
to contact customer support whenever they encounter
a service that only has a Windows client.

As long as Windows has 95%, they're going to keep
saying, "it's just a business decision - we can't
change the world."

It is our responsibility to change the world.