Increasing Linux usage was: County Meeting

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 19:23:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Matt Alexander wrote:

> Excellent idea, Dennis, and a nice way to get Free Software in the hands
> of additional users.  Would you like to take the initiative to call
> libraries and make them aware of your plan?  I'd be happy to burn zillions
> of OpenOffice and Linux CDs for this project.  We should make sure to
> include information about PLUG with each CD as well.

What about at the checkouts at Fry's and CompUSA?
We could be the next AOL! (OK, bad example, but
still a good idea)

Might be worth saving our burn disc money and
chipping in for 1000 commercial duplicates:
http://www.cdcentric.com/
http://www.omnidisc.net/us/prices.htm

But how do we avoid people taking them and
using them as coasters?