Rail (was Re: County Meeting)

William Lindley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:47:57 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Richard L. Proctor wrote:
> We voted down the rail system

The last vote (Transit 2000) passed.  Phoenix light rail starts
construction next year (Christown Mall, down 19th Ave, Camelback, Central,
Washington/Jefferson, Apache Blvd., to EVIT in Mesa) and will open in
2006.

Meanwhile, the Arizona Rail Passenger Association, of which I am a
director, is working to bring Commuter Rail on existing tracks to
Wickenburg / Sun City / Peoria / Glendale / Buckeye / Goodyear / Avondale
/ Phoenix / Tempe / Mesa / Gilbert / Chandler / Queen Creek...

and Regional Rail from metro Phoenix to Tucson ... see

     http://www.azrail.org

\\/

p.s., I'd be pleased to answer any questions or comments _off_ the PLUG
list ... or see the Southwest Rail discussion group (pointer on the AZRail
page).