County Meeting - rail system

Austin Godber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 08:58:43 -0700

Aaahhh Yes.  Light rail became a historical curiosity after the Car
manufacturers and Oil companies bought up a vast number of light rail
systems around the country and shut them down to encourage the use of
the automobile.  As I recall there was an anti-trust case where some of
the companies were found guilty and had to pay ... $5000 (muahahahaha).

Austin