County Meeting

Tue, 9 Jul 2002 02:10:38 -0700 (MST)

Am 08. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Robert Bushman so:

> Maricopa is investing in .NET, and made no mention
> of developing new systems on alternative platforms.

Actually, as you mentioned later in your email they use J2EE as well. Lin
seemed to specifically mention J2EE ( via websphere and versada ) prior to
bringing up .NET.

He also seems to place a good deal of faith in the Gartner Group as the
largest whatever the Gartner Group defines itself as and the Gartner Group
says an enterprise with more than 5,000 employees ( such as Maricopa County
with 12,000 employees is ) should use both 'enterprise' technologies.

Paul Allsing also asked, after the end of the meeting, about options for
running ASP on apache.

We brought up asp2php, the asp mods for apache and some chilisoft thingy.

I did, however, get the impression that the m$ solutions are more typical
than non-m$ solutions.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Don't step in front of speeding cars, don't eat explosives